Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 1 - First Day Post Adult Circumcision Surgery

I was feeling okay and a little out of it after I got back from the room. Dr. Reed's wheel chaired me out and put me in a taxi that took me one block away to the hotel I was staying at. A bit over the top I thought, but I guess it was because I was woozy from the 'twilight' anesthesia I was given. I wasn't really in pain because I started taking the pain killers already, but my penis just felt like it was semi hard down there and there was a tight sort of feeling. It was fully bandaged and only the head was exposed. It was tight and filled up with blood I suppose following the operation. I laid down for the next 8 hours with my penis positioned upwards to help reduce the blood flow.

Bleeding for up to a Day

There were already blood stains on my underwear as soon as I arrived back from the procedure. Blood was very slowly spotting and oozing out of the bandage, but I was told this would happen and it is normal. However, it continued for me til the next day. The first night i kept wrapping towels around it and they would get stained with the spotting blood, I went through about a few of them through the next day. I got nervous enough to call the nurse advice line at my local hospital back home. The doctor on call said to put pressure on it for 15 minutes at a time a couple of times in a row with little breaks in between, and that seemed to lessen the oozing a bit. Pretty scary sight, but it was pain less and the pain killers and laying down the whole time helped.

Was it painful?

There was no real pain really, it was pretty securely bandaged. The oozing blood stains was just mentally disturbing and its a memory you'll want to forget. The only part that was discomforting at times was the penis head. The tip area was exposed and the entire head felt tight and hard. Peeing was a bit nerve wrecking the first half dozen times or so as well..

Getting through it

I was booked to stay two nights and fly out the third. How anyone could ever flight out immediately after the procedure is beyond me. It is not that minimal, it wasn't for me at least. I had to lay down flat as much as possible the next couple of days. I watched tv most of the time and ordered take out for all 2 meals of the day. Good idea to bring plenty of snacks and drinks if you plan on traveling to see Dr. Reed in Miami. The oozing blood and being unable to move rapidly made it difficult to be mobile. I didn't feel mobile enough to leave after the 2nd day yet so I actually stayed an extra night, for a total of 3 days before I came back. I had to start learning how to wear comfortable underwear but tightly secure it so I can move around. I had to definitely move slower than usual and it was a bit uncomfortable. Wearing silky/nylon boxers with underwear over it works pretty well and you should definitely prepare by bringing some of those. They will be your best friends.

Wearing the Right Underwear & Peeing

Just be aware there is quite a bit of white stuff and woundave on the underside of the penis head (if you get your frenulum removed), so there will be some oozing of white stuff that makes your penis head get stuck to the underwear. It gets in between your urethra so when you pee after a while, its dried up and forced to rip open. That stings and hurts a bit, so be prepared! I'd probably try dipping your penis head in warm water for a bit first to loose and open it up. It didn't really hurt, but it'd kinda spurt around and the urethra was feeling tight and sore. This was maybe for the first 4-5 days or so.

1 comment:

  1. can I ask you a question. Was sexual intercourse more enjoyable after the circumsision?

    ReplyDelete