Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1 Week After Circumcision - Taking Off Bandages

It's finally been a full 7 days after the procedure and I am glad it seems as if time is going by quickly. I have been in slight discomfort almost persistently throughout the days and nights this past week, but things are slowly but surely getting more tolerable. The biggest problem so far had been the frenulum area on the penis head. There has been a white yellow colored ooze forming going up to the bottom of my urethra trip. After visiting a local urologist and researching on line, I foudn out this is normal and can continue up to a month. It has been bothersome because the sticky residue makes my penis head get caught to my underwear, so when I pull it off to pee it hurts. I've had to do this very carefully.

Here are some symptoms I've been feeling:

- Itchy very light pain around incision line
- Flaccid penis state is still very swollen and much larger than my pre circ flaccid state (maybe 2-3x as big!)
- Walking carefully and slightly irregular 
- Hyper sensative head
- Brownish/clear secretions left on underwear (yikes! but I guess its also normal.. the lymphatic fluid mixed with blood or so)
- Penis head getting stuck to underwear
- Urethra can sometimes feel slight pain when peeing
- Itchy/uncomfortableness at base of penis from the shaven hair growing back and pricking me

This was not the painless easy recovery I was hoping for, but with carefulness, it's been pretty bearable and I am looking forward to my recovered improved penis.

Wearing Underwear after Circumcision

So as my penis head was getting stuck to my regular underwear and was not very comfortable, I went out and bought some boxer/brief silk nylon material undergarments. Wearing that alone wouldn't be sufficient as the penis could be bumping around my inner groin area, possibly getting caught to the hair. So what I ended up doing is wearing a soft cotton boxer with an opening around the penis area. I'd position my penis to protrude out of this area. I then would wear the nylon/silk boxer briefs over the boxers for a protective soft layer of comfort. This has been the best solution I could think of and it has worked pretty well.

Taking Off the Bandages

As instructed, I soaked my penis in a cup of hot water for about a few minutes. The bandage was definitely stuck around the frenulum and head area as there is dried up blood and residue from the secretions. After soaking it in water, the bandages came off pretty easily with a few areas around the frenulum which I had to slightly pull off with minimal pain. I think looked at my full my penis and let it finally breathe after a whole week, whew.

Swollen Ring around Penis Head

The appearance was not exactly what I was expecting. There is a HUGE ring around my penis head and shaft. The right side is bruised with red/black marks, the left side is clear. I've seen, there is similar stuff I've seen that eventually healed and changed in appearance a whole lot. For example, visit this guys blog and look at his recovery pictures. He also had a swollen ring around his head which finally smoothed out. I am hoping this will happen for me as well. I spent a lot of time and went thru a huge hassle seeing a doctor in Florida to ensure my chances of obtaining my desired cosmetic result would be at its highest. I'm also hoping I'm swelling up and recovering this way because this is just how my body heals, and because of the nature of my skin, the previous small size of it being in its flaccid state, and because of the amount of tissue removed.

Besides the swollen ring (which isn't painful), everything else feels and ok and my penis head seems to feel better. The sutures are also a bit prickly and I am fearful they might get stuck to my undergarments. I think the blood flow should be a lot better without the bandage on, and the head is tolerating more and more touch. It is no longer sticking to my undergarments anymore even though there is still yellow/white stuff around the frenulum area. The most uncomfortable parts now is the suture area feeling a bit prickly sometimes, and the head is still nonetheless sensitive to touch.

Here are some pictures, very unsightly, I really hope things look decent when all healed...






Stay tuned for next week when I remove my sutures on the 13th day (as instructed). If my penis appearance changes much in the mean time, I will take pictures and update my blog.

15 comments:

  1. i had this done 4 days ago,today i soaked in salt water after that i took a shower.it started bleeding under my penis and it stopped after a while.on that day it had liquid around the penis.do u have the same problem?? pls help.after the surgery the dr said that i no need to come to check up

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are meant to keep it dry for a week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. also you should deff get a follow up, to the blogger! i also got circumcised however i never got that ring and after a week it wasnt looking so swallon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm 16 from United Kingdome. since I was born the foreskin has never gone back I picked up the courage to tell my mom, we went to the doctors and I waited 6 months for my operation, today it has been a week since I had the operation, within 48 hourse I had to soak off the bandages, this part I was not looking forward to. It is still swollen and still have the BIG ring around te bottom of my penis. I have yellow distarge from the ring and under the penis just a little tiny bit of blood. It's not a pritty site, I asked the doctor if it should look like this, he said it should look like dogs meet for a couple of days. The top of the penis is extremely sensative I have managed to put any clouths on it yet it's to unconvatable, at night I sleep with a bowl over it because when i get erections its to unconvatable. So after one week mine looks just like yours. Hope my experience helps you and others, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mate 8 days cut for me am my swelling has pretty much gone not at all sensative no pain what so ever just an annoying itch really urs does look very swollen and red where mine is just peeling where the skin is drying out stiches seem to look like they will be out in next few days to be honest i think the trick for me was keeping it dry as long as possible cos in a week i have only had 2 showers this is because every time i got it wet it would sofen the scab on frunlum an start to leak lymph fluid an stiches would bleed alittle i seen doc yesterday an he said the surgeon done a great job an really neat an no infection so my tip is to keep it dry let it scab up an go dry i may be wrong but its workin for me all the best fella hope all works out john u.k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    7 days today for me, and my swelling is like yours in the picture above... Actually re-assuring to see someone else with the same swelling, I almost thought the doctor messed it up!
    Thanks for the blog, helps morale! ;)

    Yannick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey got mine done after i kept getting ballanitis on the 12 of April 2012. I also have swelling around the bottom of the head and seem to have the issue of gunk coming from swelling just below the head, i went to my doctors and she told me i had caught an infection which it has since cleared up but what i want to know is there anyway that your penis shrinks as i have found mine to have???? This is a genuine question and didnt really want to ask my doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im 29 and had my circumcision nearly 2 weeks ago now, the 1st week i had an infection and felt like death but the doc gave me some co-amoxiclav which seems to have cleared things, my advise to anyone is dont masturbate until your wound has fully healed (can take up to 3 weeks or longer)
    because you dont want the worst case scenario where you could end up bleeding to death!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I'm 14 and had my circ done 5 days ago. Now my doctor told me to take my wrapping off 24 hrs after the surgery if it hadnt come off while I was asleep. Th x for wrIting bout the Ooze, doc forgot tO mention that tO me. GOod luck and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you manage to overcome the phenomenal erection while asleep? Isn't that painful?
    My sleep gets disturbed by the pain due to erection and the frenelum region part is mostly cover with white matter and it is still wet after 1 week of surgery. It looks scary. Is it normal?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having the same thing as you except my glans are very dark purple. I felt really worried about all this and called the doctor, showed it to him and he said it's normal and will go back to normal in time.

    Interestingly I don't feel pain when having a partial erection (only if its full). hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  12. meta slim
    To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch
    or a redeemed social condition;

    ReplyDelete
  13. step up

    Hi
    Admin your blogs keeps me busy and nice it for reading and sharing with friends
    its really good works

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im 25, Its been 3 days now after circumcision.. Penis head & below area are swollen how much days will require to recover?? When can i start wearing underwear??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Guys...nice blog..i had my procedure like 6 days back..mine is not that swollen when compared to pics...i have an option to work from home and i am doing that...i havent wore an underwear yet..it feels a bit sticky..so i am in my boxers in my home the last 1 week..generally after how long you guys had sex after the procedure and also, if there is an infection how do i know it ?

    ReplyDelete