Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2 Weeks - Sutures Removed Post Circumcision

I visited my local urologist today for a suture removal. The whole thing took about 5 minutes or so. He took a little more than half off, mostly on the top side of the penis and said the healing looks good there. He didn't take a lot of them off on the underside of the penis where the frenulum is. It is very swollen still, and I am starting to leak some lymph, puss, blood, whatever you want to call it. It leaves a clear/brownish slight hint of red stain on my boxers.

After Suture Removal


Immediately after the sutures were removed, I felt a little better. I just took a warm salt water bath and it is starting to feel more free down there like it's able to breath with the sutures gone.

Swelling after Sutures Removed


The swelling is still pretty much looks the same, but it might have slightly gone down since 1 week ago when I took the bandages off. However length wise, I definitely noticed its shrinking back to its original length. It's just still really puffed up from the middle up to the rim of the penis. There is still that puffy swollen ring that goes up to the rim. However, I did notice the swollen area is starting to feel softer and more squishy. I hope this indicates that the lymph vessels are starting to open up and absorbing the fluid back in.



I am actually pretty happy with the scar line. It looks straight like its nicely blending in without a blemished scar.

My general mood is a lot better from a couple of days ago and I am feeling much more hopeful. My urologist also said this type of swelling is normal and should go away in a couple of more weeks. I can't wait for that to happen.

However, my balls are starting to hurt from all the sexual desires I'm resisting, but it is manageable. This is the longest I've gone in a decade without releasing. Its really not as bad as you think it is, and can definitely break your masturbation habit! Stay tuned for future posts documenting my recovery.

5 comments:

  1. Do you keep your penis up during your day? How about erections without stitches, are they still painful? Does your penis hurts at all during the day? Also you mention that Dr Reed removed the vein from your penis, did he do another incision to do that?
    Sent me your email I want to talk to you privatly

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's a little difficult to do that and I don't want the moist & soupy frenulum area pressed up against my boxers.

    Erections still hurt with the stiches off. Maybe because about 40% of them are still on the bottom of the penis which the doctor recommended. It doesn't hurt from the skin stretching, it hurts more from the swelling I think.

    I'm assuming he removed the vein because I don't see it going up my shaft anymore, and I hear this is normal and can happen. I didn't notice him doing it or anything.

    e-mail me at: itsmeonline9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi im 16, and i had phimosis too... I had just been circumcised 2 days ago. Instead of bandages, they gave me something called a dressing which is like a ceran wrap piece which was wraped tightly around my shaft. Within 2 days of the circumcision, the dressing came off. They said it should come off 5 days after the surgery.....10 minutes after it came off my shaft swelled up really big, and now im worried the swelling will take several months to go down completely because my swelling is alot worse than yours. The stitches are still entacked and i havent gotten my penis wet. they told me to wait 5 days before doing so.

    I have one question:
    Is there a proper way to sleep? i heard your supposed to sleep on your side and not on your back...I didnt even think to ask the urologist after or before the operation. (I didnt get to see him after)

    Please help me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some surgeons say its ok for the dressing to come off after 2-3 days, but mine said 7 days is best for optimal healing.

    Swelling is no tunusual, after I unwrapped my penis 7 days later, it seemed to get even more swollen. If you read my whole blog, you'd see the swelling can take a long while to go away. However for some, it goes away much faster.

    I would check in with you urologist if your dressing came off early an dif you are concerned. I went to see my urologist 3 different times after I got circumcised just to be sure everything was okay.

    Yes, try not to drink water before you sleep, pee before you sleep, and sleep on your side.

    For underwear, find tight nylon spandex style boxer briefs. That worked the best for me and they are comfortable, I still wear them today 2.5 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i am so glad i came across your blog, it makes me feel half as better than i was, i had my circumcision yesterday. could you contact me please, i would like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind.

    my email is abster_555@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete